Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
The organizational leadership• of your selected firm (Ford) has requested that you provide•them with an executive PowerPoint presentation• synthesizing your internal• and external• analyses of the firm , as well as recommend• potential strategic actionsthe company• could take• to address• the issues raised by your analyses .
By successfully completing this assignment• , you will demonstrate• your proficiency in the following course• competencies and assignment• criteria:
• Competency 2– Analyze the fit• of the internal• elements (resources , capabilities , goals , structures , systems , and values) with the organizational strategy• .
o Illustrate the key• strengths , weaknesses , opportunities , and threats using a SWOT table• .
o Relate the SWOT analysis• to key• strategic actions for the selected firm .
o Examine the internal• resources , capabilities , and competencies of the selected firm .
• Competency 3– Analyze an organization’s strategic fit• with the external• environment• and primary industry• in which it competes .
o Analyze the firm’s external• environment• , including its general• environment• , industry• , and competitive• position• .
• Competency 4– Communicate in a manner• that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business• professions .
o Write coherently to support• a central• idea; use• current APA style• , and correct grammar , usage• , and mechanics , as expected of a business•professional .
If necessary , familiarize yourself with Microsoft PowerPoint and a SWOT analysis• format . Both are required to complete this assignment• . A SWOT table•template is available from several sources that you can find• on the Web , or you can create• a simple table• on your own using Microsoft Word or Excel .
You will need to include• at least five current , scholarly , or professional resources to support• your presentation• .
Develop a PowerPoint presentation• of 8 – 12 slides (with speaker’s notes) that synthesizes the internal• and external• analyses for your selected firm . Your presentation• is to include• a well-developed SWOT analysis• , a summary• of potential strategic actions , and the following:
Summary of SWOT Analysis
• Examine the internal• resources , capabilities , and competencies of the selected firm , using key• strategic management• tools and models such as the VRIO Framework and Value Chain .
o Look specifically for capabilities that are required for the company’s competitive• advantage• .
o Be specific about the firm’s resources (both tangible• and intangible) that seem• most strategically important• , now and in your vision• of the company’s future• strategic development• .
o Clearly state• where firmStrengths and Weaknesses are found.
• Analyze the firm’s external• environment• , including its general• environment• , industry• , and competitive• position• . Choose a strategic management• model• such as PEST analysis• or Porter’s Five Forces Model to use• in this analysis• . Clearly state• where external•Opportunities and Threats are found.
• Illustrate the key• strengths , weaknesses , opportunities , and threats using a SWOT table• . You might also develop• a SWOT figure• that depicts your findings in a way• that allows for more effective• integration• and synthesis• of your key• ideas .