Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Part A. Questions about non-parametric procedures
1. What are the most common reasons you would select a non-parametric test over the parametric alternative?
2. Discuss the issue of statistical power in non-parametric tests (as compared to their parametric counterparts). Which type tends to be more powerful? Why?
3. For each of the following parametric tests, identify the appropriate non-parametric counterpart:
a. Dependent t test
b. Independent samples t test
c. Repeated measures ANOVA (one-variable)
d. One-way ANOVA (independent)
e. Pearson Correlation
Part B. SPSS Assignment
In this part of the assignment you will perform the non-parametric version of the tests you used in Week 4. In each case, assume that you opted to use the non-parametric equivalent rather than the parametric test. Using the relevant data files from Assignment #4, complete the following tests and paste your results into a Word document:
1. The non-parametric version of the dependent t test (use the SPSS dataset from Assignment #4, Part A);
2. The non-parametric version of the independent t test (use the SPSS dataset created in Assignment #4, Part B); and,
3. The non-parametric version of the single factor ANOVA (use the SPSS dataset in Assignment #4, Part C).