Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Read the scenarios and the questions that follow. Answer Scenarios.
You must also provide an answer for the recommendations section. Identify and analyze the legal issue(s). Apply legal concepts and make potential arguments as directed using laws, cases, examples, and/or other relevant materials. Consider using short headings (consult APA materials) to separate the topics. Summarize the facts; do not copy the scenarios into the paper. Support your answers with information from the book and at least four scholarly sources in addition to the textbook or course lectures. Prepare a 5 to 7 page paper that identifies the legal issues and potential solutions and answers all questions presented, supported by relevant legal authority. Do not exceed the page length by more than two pages.
Headquartered in Savannah, Georgia, ________________ operates two coffee shops in Georgia and one in Alabama. Approximately 30% of the employees work full time; however, ____________ primarily hires part-time employees as baristas, delivery drivers, cooks and dishwashers. The company experienced explosive growth over the last four years, but with the growth came increased legal issues. The owners seek your advice on the following legal and ethical issues.
Bailey Andrews and Danita Brown met while working at Starbucks and attending college in Georgia. Bailey studied business at South University, while Dania attended the Art Institute for culinary management. The two friends were tired of working for someone else and opened [SELECT A NAME FOR THE COFFEE SHOP] as a partnership after college. Now that the business has grown, the two partners are considering a new legal form for their business.
• Analyze three types of business organizations Andrews and Brown might consider for their existing restaurant. Be sure to consider at least one limited liability option. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
• Select one type of business for Andrews and Brown and provide support for your choice.
• Select a name for the coffee shop and use it when answering the remaining scenarios.
Born in 1975, Juanita Mendoza immigrated from Mexico in 2005 and became a U.S. citizen in 2010. Mendoza speaks fluent English with a strong Hispanic accent. Her accent does not interfere with her ability to communicate with others. Mendoza worked as a cook and waitress for 20 years. Although she did not have any formal management experience, Mendoza applied for a shift manager’s job with [Restaurant Name]; however, she was not hired for the position. The restaurant currently employs 5 full time employees and 14 part time employees.
• Analyze the possible grounds Mendoza might have for a discrimination lawsuit against [Restaurant Name].
• Provide support for each ground selected and then provide arguments that [Restaurant Name] could make to counter each claim.
• Explain how your answer might change if the restaurant only employs a total of 12 people.