Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
All the questions must be answered and justified. Total points=35 (15% of the grade) Name the file with your last name before attaching to Black Board
1. Discuss the Nursing Barriers to Evidence Based Practice?
2. Discuss what are the steps to Evidence Based Practice?
3. What is the highest priority for the importance of research in the nursing profession? A) Conduct research to better understand the context of nursing practice. B) Document the role that nurses serve in society. C) Research findings provide evidence for informing nurses’ decisions and actions. D) Establish nursing research areas of study.
4. The student nurse is constructing a presentation on evidence-based practice. Which statement should be included in the introduction about evidence-based practice? A) Utilization of nursing preferences in making clinical decisions B) Theoretical problem-solving strategy C) Conscientious integration of current best evidence with clinical expertise D) Emphasis on decision making based on custom
5. Which topic most closely conforms to the priorities that have been suggested for future nursing research? A) Attitudes of nursing students toward smoking. B) Promotion of excellence in nursing science. C) Nursing staff morale and turnover. D) Number of doctorate prepared nurses in various clinical specialties.
6. What is the overall plan for answering the research question? A) Sampling plan B) Proposal C) Problem statement D) Research design
7. Evidence-based practice typically involves weighing various types of evidence in an effort to determine best evidence. Most evidence hierarchies put which systematic review at the pinnacle? A) Randomized controlled trials B) Program evaluations C) Clinical practice guidelines D) Meta-analyses of multiple clinical trials
8. A RN is putting research into practice. What step of the process is involved with the validity of study findings? A) Framing an answerable clinical question B) Searching for relevant research evidence C) Appraising the evidence D) Integrating evidence with other factors
9. What is the purpose of an operational definition in a quantitative study? A) State the theoretical meaning of the concept. B) Specify how a variable will be defined and measured. C) State the expected relationship between the variables under investigation. D) Designate the conceptual underpinnings of the variable.
10. The nurse researcher knows that samples and sampling plans vary in quality. What is a key consideration in assessing a sample in a quantitative study? A) Representativeness B) Probability C) Non-probability D) Strata
11. Researchers communicate their aims as problem statements, statements of purpose, research questions, or hypotheses. What is the statement of purpose? A) Summarizes the overall study goal. B) Specific query researchers want to answer in addressing the research problem. C) Articulate the nature, context, and significance of the problem. D) Statement of predicted relationships between two or more variables.
12. What is a primary source for a research literature review? A) A description of a study written by researchers who did the study B) A summary of relevant research on the topic of interest C) A thesaurus that directs readers to subject headings germane to the topic D) Any journal article on a topic of interest
13. What is a secondary source for a research literature review? A) A description of a study written by researchers who did the study B) A summary of relevant research on the topic of interest C) A thesaurus that directs readers to subject headings germane to the topic D) A description of the study by an individual unconnected with it
14. Written literature reviews are undertaken for many different purposes. In a quantitative research report, what section of the report would a review of prior research on the problem under study be located? A) Introduction B) Methods C) Results D) Discussion
15. Written literature reviews are undertaken for many different purposes. In a research report, what section of the report would limitations of the study be located? A) Introduction B) Methods C) Results D) Discussion