Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
1. The impact of workplace injury is wide reaching. Discuss in 50 to 80 words.
2. How is the integrity (validity) of information ensured? Discuss 50 to 80 words.
3. List three sources of health and safety information in your state/ territory.
1. Why is it important that all workers have access to health and safety information? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
2. If a worker had made suggestion to improvement for the design, development and management of health and safety in a comoany in which they worked, how could they go about having them ratified and implemented by senior management? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
3. Before submitting strategies for the design , development and management of health and safety to senior management for approval, should the worker consult with the members of their team/ department to get their imput? Why/ why not? Discuss in 100 to 120 words.
1. Where might information about hazards and the outcomes of risk assessment and control result from? Discuss in 120 words and 150 words
2. List five ways that PCBUs can provide clear explanation to work teams about identified hazards about the outcomes of risk assessment and control.
1. what types of changes in the workplace would benefit from consultation between PCBUs and workers ( or their representatives)? Discuss in 150 to 180 words.
2. What are the benefits of consulting with workers about health and safety issues? Discuss in 120 to 150 words.
Explain (50-80 words) the role of the HSR in each of these consultation procedures:
1. Attendance at team meetings.
2. Early response to work suggestions, requests, reports, and concerns put forward to management.
3. Requirements as specified in Commonwealth and state/ territory legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
1. What strategies can PCBUs use to consult with workers on health and safety issues? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
2. Health and safety issues raised through consultation should be dealth with promptly. Why is this? Discuss in 120- 150 words
Create a meeting agenda template suitable for a HSC
2. Create a meeting minute template suitable for HSC.
1. What is training needs analysis and how can it be conducted? Discuss in 100- 120 words.
2. What tools can be used to identify the skills a worker needs? Discuss in 100- 120 words.
3. What are the 6 steps in developing a training program?
Your team is concerned that they have insufficient knowledge/ understanding of safety procedures and legislative requirement in your workplace. They also feel that the incidence od accident in your section is higher than it should be. They have asked you to submit, to senior management, a proposal for a formal health and safety training program.
1.what information would you include in the proposal and how would you encourage senior management to support this initiative? What procedures would you follow in gathering data and information to support your proposal? How likely is it that this or a similar proposal would be accepted in your workplace? Discuss in 120-150 words
2. what critical information must be contained in a new worker induction program? Discuss in 50-80 words.
3. Why is only providing induction training and no follow-on-training unsatisfactory? Discuss in 50- 80 words.
1. What are the benefits of evaluating training to both workers and the organisation? Discuss in 80-100 words.
2. When evaluating health and safety training, how can you determine the appropriateness and effectiveness of the training? Discuss in 80-100 words.
3. What should be evaluated in relation to a health and safety training program? Discuss in 150- 180 words.
Your organisation had identified and increase in injuries to workers who use the new plant. You are responsible for training in the area where the injuries occur. Your rate (for the exercise) is $360 per day. A training need analysis concludes a training program will reduce the injury rate.
• The training needs analysis will take two days. Including reporting to management
• It will take you dfive days to develop the training program
• You can get a good training video at a cost of $375
• You will need to hire a TV/ video for each session, cost $120
• Handouts will cost $12 per participant
• Management wants you to conduct the training at a venue that cost $195 per day
• Catering is available, $25 per participants per day
• You will deliever the training
• Lost production is costed at $320 per day per participant
You will train 20 workers in fice groups. Each course runs for one day. Administrative support works out at $28 per participant
Calculate the cost of training.
1. What is difference between a risk and a hazard? Discuss in 50 -80 words.
2. Create a 1 page checklist for a managers/ supervisor to assist them with the identification of hazards.
1. Why should organisations have comprehensive risk assessment procedures? Discuss in 50-80 words
2. A hazard had been assessed as being unlikely, but would have major consequences. Using the risk matrix, identify the risk and what it means to the organisation
Risk assessment matrix: See attachment
1. Give an example of each of the following types of controls of managing hazards.
e. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
You are the safety supervisor at a commercial construction company. The company employs 12 administration personnel, 18 construction personnel and 60 construction subcontractors.
The worker who work on-site face a changing work site each day and are often working with people from other companies. Three months ago you were alarmed at the number of back injuries being reported and introduced new procedures that were aimed at ensuring heavy items were lifted in accordance with the legislative requirements of yours state/ territory and work requiring bending for long periods was minimised. You provided a toolbox meeting to inform the workers of the new procedures and techniques. You now need to evaluate this strategy to determine whether it has met your aim of reducing back injuries.
Information: see attachment
Using the supplied information, develop a procedures (1 page) for system evaluation that covers:
• Inclusion of external data in the evaluation process
• External input into the evaluation process, eg stakeholders
• Hoe to identified areas for improvement will be documented and actioned
• How top management will be involved in the review process
1. Why is it important to keep health and safety records? Discuss in 50-80 words.
2. Name three health and safety records that must be kept by every organisation.
3. If you were the health and safety representative of a company, how would you ensure that the workers you represent are aware of the recordkeeping requirements? Discuss in 50 -80 words.
1. A workplace employs 75 workers, who work a total of 150,000 hours in a year. They have experience eight lost time injuries for the year, resulting in 65 days off.
Calculate the following:
a. Frequency rate.
b. Incidence rate.
c. Average lost time/ severity rate.
Provide your workings.
2. You are required to present these statistics to your next senior executive weekly committee meeting. Describe how you will present this information. Include copies of any graphs or tables that might be relevant.
Summative question 1.
What are the key aspects of health and safety legislation? Discuss in 220- 250 words.
What processes or procedures might an organisation use to identify hazards and monitor risk control procedures? Discuss in 220- 250words.
Why is it important to provide information to work teams on the relevant health and safety legislation, the organisation’s health and safety policies, procedures and programs, and any identified hazards and their controls? Discuss in 80 -100 words.
Explain the importance of effective consulatative mechanism in managing health and safety risk and describe what they entail. Discuss in 80-100words.
Explain how the hierarchy of control applies in the work area. Discuss in 220-250 words.