Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Using a SWOT Analysis for Strategic Thinking
The organizational leadership• of your selected firm (Ford) has requested that you provide•them with an executive PowerPoint presentation• synthesizing your internal• and external• analyses of the firm , as well as recommend• potential strategic actionsthe company• could take• to address• the issues raised by your analyses .
By successfully completing this assignment• , you will demonstrate• your proficiency in the following course• competencies and assignment• criteria:
• Competency 2– Analyze the fit• of the internal• elements (resources , capabilities , goals , structures , systems , and values) with the organizational strategy• .
o Illustrate the key• strengths , weaknesses , opportunities , and threats using a SWOT table• .
o Relate the SWOT analysis• to key• strategic actions for the selected firm .
o Examine the internal• resources , capabilities , and competencies of the selected firm .
• Competency 3– Analyze an organization’s strategic fit• with the external• environment• and primary industry• in which it competes .
o Analyze the firm’s external• environment• , including its general• environment• , industry• , and competitive• position• .
• Competency 4– Communicate in a manner• that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business• professions .
o Write coherently to support• a central• idea; use• current APA style• , and correct grammar , usage• , and mechanics , as expected of a business•professional .
If necessary , familiarize yourself with Microsoft PowerPoint and a SWOT analysis• format . Both are required to complete this assignment• . A SWOT table•template is available from several sources that you can find• on the Web , or you can create• a simple table• on your own using Microsoft Word or Excel .
You will need to include• at least five current , scholarly , or professional resources to support• your presentation• .
Develop a PowerPoint presentation• of 8 – 12 slides (with speaker’s notes) that synthesizes the internal• and external• analyses for your selected firm . Your presentation• is to include• a well-developed SWOT analysis• , a summary• of potential strategic actions , and the following:
Summary of SWOT Analysis
• Examine the internal• resources , capabilities , and competencies of the selected firm , using key• strategic management• tools and models such as the VRIO Framework and Value Chain .
o Look specifically for capabilities that are required for the company’s competitive• advantage• .
o Be specific about the firm’s resources (both tangible• and intangible) that seem• most strategically important• , now and in your vision• of the company’s future• strategic development• .
o Clearly state• where firmStrengths and Weaknesses are found.
• Analyze the firm’s external• environment• , including its general• environment• , industry• , and competitive• position• . Choose a strategic management• model• such as PEST analysis• or Porter’s Five Forces Model to use• in this analysis• . Clearly state• where external•Opportunities and Threats are found.
• Illustrate the key• strengths , weaknesses , opportunities , and threats using a SWOT table• . You might also develop• a SWOT figure• that depicts your findings in a way• that allows for more effective• integration• and synthesis• of your key• ideas .