Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Please review the attached instructions for the PowerPoint. Please no speaker notes. This assignment is due on Saturday October 6th at 12:00 pm, eastern time. Thank you for considering this assignment.
Please put the question or section name above each paragraph
Please select a psychotropic medication from the classifications of antidepressants or mood stabilizers. Choose a medication likely to be prescribed to clients with bi polar disorder. Example, Lithium.
Create a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation in which you discuss the use of the medication in the management of mental health in relation to your selected diagnosis. Include the following information:
- Provide the DSM-5 diagnosis and the ICD-10-CM code. For example, Cyclothymic disorder (F34.0).
- List the drug class, generic, trade name, and selective action on neurotransmitters.
- Explore the common side effects and any contraindications.
- Describe the pharmacokinetics of the medication using the acronym ADME to describe the process. ADME stands for:
- Absorption (how the drug gets into the bloodstream)
- Distribution (how the drug reaches the brain)
- Metabolism (how the drug is broken down)
- Excretion (how the drug leaves the body)
- Discuss stigma, dependency, and other relevant considerations for this type of drug and client population.
- Explore how you will communicate with medical professionals for the initial referral and to address side effects.
- Discuss therapist’s role in educating clients on the use of this particular medication.
- Include information about complementary, alternative, and holistic treatment medicine. Make note of how these may react with other ongoing medications and symptoms.
- Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with three to five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 10-12 slides (with a separate reference slide). Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide.