Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
For this assignment, you will pick3 questions from among the videos, and the chapter readings and answer each with a minimum of 2 paragraphs that are 3–5 sentences per paragraph.
NOTE: You will answer 3 questions total.
Read Chapter 8 of the Straubhaar et al. text. Select 2questions from the list below to answer:
1. What would be the most effective response by the film industry to keep it from being hurt by piracy in the way that the music industry has been?
2. Does violence in film need to be more tightly controlled? If so, what steps would you suggest to create effective control mechanisms? Justify your answer with examples from film history and from controversial films.
3. Do you think that the impact of special effects and other technology on films is positive? Discuss ways the new tools help and/or harm storytelling in film.
4. In earlier years of filmmaking, the studio system controlled actors, projects to be made, and the producers and directors who made them. Today many independent filmmakers create their own works without studio support of any kind. What benefit, if any, does independent filmmaking offer to the movie consumer?
View the Videos assigned in this Module/Week.
1. Pastor, author and filmmaker, TD Jakes stated in his video interview that if Jesus were alive today, he would be a filmmaker. On what basis does Jakes make this claim? Discuss whether or not you agree with this thought and why.
2. In recent years, more Christian films have come on the market. Some people have sung their praises and some have criticized them harshly. In your opinion, have the Christian films out there been effective in preaching the gospel.? If so, how, and if not, why not.
3. One accusation leveled at Christian filmmakers and their films is that they are “preaching to the choir.” Discuss whether you believe this to be true. If true, is there justification to “preach to the choir” with wholesome films?