Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Breakdown Structure) with the following changes:
• Set property values to denote progress in at least fifteen (15) of the line items.
• Set properties so that at least one (1) of the main tasks is behind schedule.
• Create a Gantt chart for your project.
• Take a screenshot of the Gantt chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
• Create a PERT diagram that identifies the critical path.
• Take a screenshot of the PERT chart which can later be inserted into your written paper.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the information that one receives from a Gantt chart, versus that of a PERT diagram.
2. Examine the advantages of using a Gantt chart over a PERT chart and vice versa. Determine when it is appropriate to use one over the other. Justify your response.
3. Assess the importance of the critical path in project management.
4. Insert the screenshots of the Gantt and PERT charts you created based on the provided criteria. Elaborate on the status of the VoIP deployment project based on the updated information. Note: The graphical representations do not count toward the overall page requirement.
5. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Distinguish among various time management techniques such as CPM, Gantt charts, and the PERT method.
• Use project management and graphic software to plan and manage a project throughout the project life cycle.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
• Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.